TERRESTRIAL Keynsham Residency: Process
TERRESTRIAL, a new arts commissioning agency in the South West, invited Eleanor to take on a week long residency as a scoping, research mission to explore, discover and map Keynsham's socio-eco-political community landscape. The week was spent:
- Exploring the geological and urban landscape of Keynsham. From dug up strata, to local ammonites (real and fake), to indexical traces of local people: names written in cement; splats of mud from ghostly ball games; accidental handprints; deliberate graffitied tags and lost clothes... Our future fossils are everywhere.
- Exploring the economical landscape of Keynsham. Inviting local independent shops to identify their best selling item. Collecting these items.
- Exploring the sounds of Keynsham. Discovering local bands, sitting in on radio recordings for Keynsham Town Community Radio. Making a playlist inspired by Keynsham and it's fossils. (Listen here.) Pondering ideas for a future podcast...
- Discovering local craftspeople, engaging in exploratory filmmaking and photography.
- Performing a ceremony to Keynsham with fellow artists.